You can add any Brightspace user (who is either a Radboud University colleague or student). You can add any existing Brightspace user from the Radboud University to your Sandbox, including (direct) colleagues. When enrolling others you can assign them certain roles that determine their permissions in a course. For more information about these roles and permissions, please visit this article.
Please note: The Sandbox is located in the production environment of Brightspace. Normally only you have access to the Sandbox. You can however add other existing users if you want. We advise to only add someone if said person has consented. As soon as a user is added to your sandbox, your sandbox will appear alongside the courses of this person and they will have direct access to your sandbox.
- Navigate to Administration in the navbar of your course.
- Click Classlist.
- Click Add Participants.
- Click Add Existing Users.
- Click the arrow next to Set all roles to and select Teacher.
- At Search For, type in (part of) the name or u/e- number of the person you are looking for. Now press Enter (on your keyboard) or click on the symbol of the little magnifying glass.
- Select the collegea(s) you would like to add.
- Click the arrow next to Select a Role and select which role this colleague has within your sandbox. Note: based on the role you select, the colleague can/cannot do certain things in your sandbox. Read the article Which roles are available in Brightspace? to find out which authorizations belong to each role.
- Click Enrol Selected Users.
You have now added your colleague(s) to your course, which means that you can find them in your classlist. Your colleague is now able to see your sandbox alongside his/her courses in Brightspace and has direct access to your sandbox.