When you add a rubric to an Activity you can make it visible for the students in your course. This way they can use the rubric as a guideline when they work on the assignment.
When you make a rubric visible for students they can view it in the assignment itself. Furthermore, you can add the rubric to Content. This allows you to disclose the rubric to students when the assignment is not yet accessible. You can also create a module for the used rubric(s), so students can find them easily.
There are two ways to add a rubric to Content:
- You can create a new topic for the rubric in Content, or add the rubric to an existing topic. For example, you can add the rubric to the topic that contains the assignment the rubric belongs to. When you use the rubric for multiple assignments, you can create a new topic for the rubric.
- You can add the rubric in the description of an existing topic. The benefit of adding a rubric in the description of the topic of the (sub)module is that the student can access the rubric directly from the (sub)module. If you add the link to the topic, the student has to open the topic first before they can access the rubric. The downside is that the rubric in the description of a topic will not be visible in the Pulse app.
The rubric has to be attached to an assignment if you want to add it to Content. The rubric also has to be visible for students.
- Navigate to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Click the (sub)module to which you want to add the rubric.
- Click Upload/Create.
- Click Create a File.
- Give the topic a title.
- Add a description if desired.
- Click the quicklink icon. A pop-up window will appear.
- Click Rubrics.
- Click the rubric you want to add. If you cannot find the desired rubric or want to add a new rubric, click Manage Rubrics. The Rubrics homepage will open in a new window.
- The link to the rubric can now be found in the description.
- Click Save and Close to publish the topic for students.
The topic is now visible in the (sub)module. When students open the (sub)module, they can use the link to access the rubric.
It is also possible to make the rubric visible directly in the (sub)module.
- Click the arrow next to the topic.
- Click Edit Properties In-place.
- Click Add a description.
- Use the quicklink icon to add the rubric the same way as described below the heading Add a rubric in a new topic
- Click Update.
Rather than open the topic, students can now click the link for the rubric directly from the (sub)module.