When you are using Brightspace, problems can occur with integrated external programs such as Kaltura (for example: the program does not open or work properly). Oftentimes this has something to do with your browser's settings, specifically setting concerning third party cookies and iframes. Select below the browser you use to see how you can change the settings.
On a Mac
If you access Brightspace using Safari, you can easily solve the issues with external apps by changing the cookie settings. By enabling cookies in Brightspace, the browser can now open and use the external apps.
- Open Safari.
- Click Preferences in the Safari menu.
- Click Privacy.
- Make sure the options Prevent cross-site tracking and Block all cookies are deselected.
On an iPad or iPhone
- Click Settings.
- Go to Safari.
- Search on the right for Block All Cookies and make sure this option is deselected.
If have any questions you can always contact your faculty's ICT support person or send an email to [email protected] / [email protected].
- Open the browser.
- Click the three dots.
- Click Settings/Instellingen.
- Click Privacy & security.
- For Cookies, select: Don't block cookies.
If you visit Brightspace using Pulse, there is no easy way to fix issues with external apps. In this case, we advise you to use a mobile web browser (not Safari) to use external apps such as Kaltura.