Add a weblecture
The Content menu allows you to structure your course and add course material like weblectures. You can add weblectures to a (sub)module and every weblecture will form a new topic within said (sub)module
Read the article How do I edit the properties of a topic and how do I move a topic? to learn more about editing the properties of a topic.
- Go to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Go to the (sub)module to which you want to add a weblecture.
- Click on Existing Activities.
- Click on External Learning Tools. This will open a new window.
- Scroll down and click on Create New LTI Link.
- Enter the title of the weblecture.
- Place the link you have received for this specific weblecture.
- Click Create and Insert.
If you add a weblecture to your course, it will immediately be published and visible to students. It is possible to hide the weblecture after placing it ( for example if you want to edit it first).
Do you want the weblectures to be available for a specific group of students? Then set release conditions for the module which contains the weblecture. It is not possible to set group restrictions on individual weblectures.
Hide a weblecture
To view and edit a weblecture, you must first place it in a module in Brightspace. If you do not want students to immediately be able to see the weblecture, you can:
- first place the weblecture in your Sandbox and add it to your course at a later moment;
- hide the weblecture (Draft):
- Navigate to Content in the navbar of your course.
- Click on the (sub)module that contains the weblecture.
- Click on the weblecture.
- Click on the Visibility toggle, the weblecture is now hidden.