How do I create an item with Select from list?
- Use the library to navigate to the screen where you can select the type of question.
- Click Select from list.
- Enter the title of the question.
- Enter your question.
- Add one of multiple (media)file(s) if desired.
A source file means you can add a PDF that will appear as a separate pop-up window during the test.
A media file is an image that is shown together with the question.
- Enter the text in which students need to fill out answers.
- Select a part of the text and click Create Blank. You can do this as many times as you want. The selected text will appear below Blanked Words. In the text, a number with a line will appear instead of the text that has been removed.
- For each field, enter distractors that students will need to choose from, together with the correct answer. The students will see the answers in alphabetical orders.
- Select Summative to use this item in a summative test.
See Default settings for items to get more information about the other settings you will find under Tags.
- Enter how many points can be received.
- Select whether students should receive a part of the points if they have answered a part of the question correctly (Polytomous) or whether they need to answer everything correctly to receive the points (Dichotomous).
- Click Preview to see how students will see the published question.
- Click Save and close to return to the items page.
- When creating or editing a question, click Options to set up the advanced options.
Feedback on questions
Feedback set per question can be displayed during a candidate review, or in a formative exam. Here feedback can be displayed after answering a question or at the end of the exam. You can choose between general or detailed feedback.
- Choose General if you want to display general feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter general feedback about the question.
- Choose Detailed if you want to give detailed feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter feedback for the correct, partially correct and incorrect answers.
The candidates can use the workout box to clarify their provided answer. These notes will be stored and can be viewed during the marking process.
Select Allow workout box for candidates to allow candidates to have the possibility to argue or calculate their answer.
While compiling the exam you have the option to allow the workoutbox for all questions, none or the selected questions. Please discuss your preferences with the faculty coordinator.