You can link a tag list to a collection that you have created in your ePortfolio. A tag list is a listing of one or more tags that are representative for that collection. All items in your ePortfolio that are tagged from a tag list of a collection, are automatically placed in this collection.
A collection can also have tags, but this is something different than having a tag list. A tag list is used to automatically put other documents in the collection folder, whereas a tag to a collection is used to organize the collection itself.
- Click the My Items tab.
- Click on the arrow next to the collection in which you want to add a tag list.
- Click Edit.
Scroll to the bottom until you see the Items in Collection heading.
- Click Add to Collection.
- Click on Tag List.
The following screen will appear:
- Enter the name of the Tag List here.
- Type the name of the tag here.
- Click Add Tag to add the tag.
- Click Save if all tags have been added to the tag list.
- A collection can contain multiple tags.
- A tag can be put into multiple tag lists.
- In a collection with a tag list that consists of multiple tags, only the items that have all tags from the list assigned will be placed in that collection.
For example: a tag list of a collection contains the tags green, blue and yellow. Only an item with both the green, blue, and yellow tag is automatically placed in this collection.
- Do you want to have multiple individual tags in a collection? Then add multiple tags lists.
For example: a Collection contains a tag list with tag blue, a taglist with tag yellow and a taglist with tag red. Any item with the tag yellow and/or blue and/or red is automatically placed in this collection.