It is possible to edit the items in your ePortfolio. This can for example be handy when a teacher has pushed a template to you, or when you want to make use of the feedback you received on one of your items. There's a distinction between edits on the following items:
Editing a presentation(template)
For some courses the teacher may push a presentation template to your ePortfolio. You can edit this in the following way:
- Click the arrow next to the presentation you want to edit.
- Click Edit.
- At the Properties tab you can edit details such as the title and description of the presentation.
- At the Content/Layout tab you can edit the content and layout of the presentation.
- At the Banner tab you can edit the title and description of the banner at the very top of the presentation.
- At the Theme tab you can edit the theme (layout) of the presentation.
When there is no Save bottom at the bottom of the page, the modifications made are saved automatically.
The editing process from this point on is functionally identical to creating the presentation itself. For more information on how to do this, check How to make a presentation in my ePortfolio?
Editing a file
A title/hyperlink to a file in your portfolio, does not need to have the same name as the file that is attached to it. Below you will find an explanation of how to edit a file to which a link is directed without editing the hyperlink itself.
Een titel/link naar een bestand in je portfolio, hoeft niet dezefde naam te hebben als het bestand dat eraan is gekoppeld. Hieronder wordt uitgelegd hoe je een bestand waarnaar een link verwijst, kan worden gewijzigd, zonder dat de link zelf wordt aangepast.
- Click the arrow next to the link of which you want to change the file.
- Click Edit.
- Click Change File.
- Click on the X next to the current file.
- Click on Change File and choose a new file.
- Click Add.
- Click Save. The file is now changed.
Editing a collection
- Click the arrow next to a collection in your ePortfolio.
- Click Edit.
- To add an item to a collection, click on Add to Collection
- To remove an item from a collection, look up the item in the table and click the X in the cell all the way to the right.
- To make a selection of items, check one (or multiple) box(es)
- To subsequently remove items from the collection, click the X at the top of the table
- Click Save and Close to save the changes you made
Editing a title/link
A title/link to a file in your ePortfolio, does not need to have the same name as the actual file it is linked to. An explanation of how to modify the title without changing the document can be found below.
- Click on the arrow next to the item you want to edit
- Click Edit
- Click here to edit the title of the item that you want to edit
- Click here to edit the description (or the content of a Reflection)
- Add new tags to the item (optional)
- Click Save and Close to save the modifications you made
Modifications to items that are inside a presentation will also be carried through to the presentation itself. An exception is the title of an item. This will remain unchanged in the presentation.