It is possible to have the assessment marked atuomatically by Cirrus, with only closed questions. The question types that need to be used in the assessment are described in this article.
The faculty coordinator of your faculty also needs to select a setting before the automated marking can take place. Discuss the options with your coordinator.
- Go to Assessment in the navigation on the left and navigate to the assessment you want to have marked automatically.
You can only publish when all steps have been done:
- Give the assessement a name.
- Set options for the assessment.
- Select a pool of questions.
- Create Forms.
Click on Publish
- Select Manually score auto-scored questions if you want the assessment to be marked automatically and also still want to be able to mark the answers given by candidates.
- Select Scheduler is assessor, so that the scheduler of the assessment is automatically assigned as a marker.
- Select Coordinator assign assessors, so that the marking coordinator can set up the marking workflow and supports multiple markers and moderators.
- Select under Status in the drop-down menu the option Live
The results of the assessment will automatically be visable in the Audit tab in Marking. Rescoring the question of the assessment will still be possible.
In case the Form in the assessment contains question types that cannot be scored automatically, the option Do not assign assessors will not be visable in the settings menu. The assessment will and cannot be marked automatically.