It is possible to create categories for your assignments. This way your assignments can be grouped in an orderly fashion, allowing you to see what type of assignments you are dealing with immediately. For example, group assignments, video assignments or bonus assignments. When designing your course, it is possible to create separate categories and place assignments here at a later time.
- Navigate to Activities in the navbar of your course.
- Click Assignments.
- Click Edit Categories.
- Click on the name of the category to change it.
- Under Sort Order you can change the order of the categories as they appear on the Assignments homepage. Click on the number of a category to change the order.
- In Use shows which categories already contain assignments. Only the categories with a check mark (meaning they contain assignments) are visible on the Assignments homepage.
- To delete a category/categories, select the box in front of the category and then click the trashcan icon(Delete).
- Click Add Category to add a new category. A pop-up window will appear.
Changes will be saved automatically if you click somewhere in the screen after you have changed a category name or the category order.
- Name the category.
- Click Create.
- The new category will appear in the list.
- Click Close to return to the Assignments homepage.