A short answer item is most suitable for answers of a few words or one rule. This way, you can automatically let Cirrus assess it.
- Enter a title.
- Enter your question.
- Add a (media)file if desired.
A source file means you can add a PDF that will appear as a separate pop-up window during the test.
A media file is an image that is shown together with the question.
- Enter the correct answer and add alternatives if necessary. Click Delete to delete an answer.
- Add more alternatives if necessary.
- Enter how many points can be received for this question.
- Select Summative to use this item in a summative test.
See Default settings for items to get more information about the other settings you will find under Tags.
- Click Preview to see how students will see the published question. Click Save and close to return to the items page.
Click on the omega sign (orange box) to insert a special character.
- When creating or editing a question, click Options to set up the advanced options.
Feedback set per question can be displayed during a candidate review, or in a formative exam. Here feedback can be displayed after answering a question or at the end of the exam. You can choose between general or detailed feedback.
For both feedback during a candidate review or during /after an exam the following applies: you can choose to show either feedback on alternatives or feedback on question. Only one option is possible.
- Choose General if you want to display general feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter general feedback about the question.
- Choose Detailed if you want to give detailed feedback.
- Select Show feedback on question to enter feedback for the correct and incorrect answers.
The candidates can use the workout box to clarify their provided answer. These notes will be stored and can be viewed during the marking process.
Select Allow workout box for candidates to allow candidates to have the possibility to argue or calculate their answer.
While compiling the exam you have the option to allow the workoutbox for all questions, none or the selected questions. Please discuss your preferences with the faculty coordinator.